Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Act 2: Lady M's Weapon of Choice: Twitter


I had to create a fake twitter account for a main character in Macbeth, and tweet what I think they would have tweeted about, regarding their reactions, emotions and events in Act 2. I have used twitter before so I'm no stranger to how it works. I found this little assignment really fun, and it was cool to get inside Lady Macbeth's head, and give her a bit of a modern twist. I enjoyed playing with hashtags for her posts, but controlled myself from going too 12 year old girl and using twenty of them.  Posting as someone else ( a fictional character for that matter) took some of the pressure off. Posting on sites like twitter and facebook, where people can see a profile of you and what you post, it's easy to feel like you are being judged based on what people see. That's one downside, but even the best things have cons I can assure you. It took work to set up an account, but twitter is really easy to use and is a fun way to express thoughts. Twitter doesn't give you the ability to post huge amounts of text- in fact it gives you a limit. This means that you write and read quick observations and emotions which are often easier to take in and absorb than huge long expressive passages that can be really interesting, but perhaps could have been summed up in a simple sentence. Personally, I have a twitter account, but I find I don't use it as much as I use Facebook or Tumblr. I enjoy following my friends on twitter, as usually they post very witty and interesting comments on topics, however it can occasionally be very dull to read about what someone ate for breakfast. Something like Tumblr which is mostly pictures and gifs (moving images) is designed as a mostly visual blog, which is different. Then Facebook (for me anyways) is mostly used for keeping in touch with friends around the globe.  Please check out my Lady Macbeth twitter account at this website. Tweet on, twitter out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment